DANFOSS MICROCHANNEL COIL PREPARATION & INSTALLATION
Store in a dry, clean environment, 17°C (62°F) to 50°C (122 °F). Keep in packaging until installation. Keep vertical during storage and transportation. Do not stack flat on top of each other. The fins are easily bent, leading to irreparable damage. The tube walls are vulnerable, and can be punctured by sharp objects. Never lift or carry MCHEs by their inlet/outlet tubes. Never hit or drop MCHEs on their edges.
Preparation and Installation The Danfoss MCHE condenser is designed to have the airflow and refrigerant in crossflow configuration. Arrange the two flows correctly. The condenser performs best installed vertically or at least 15° from the horizontal with the refrigerant inlet at the upper connector, and the outlet at the lower connector. Ensure that the air flow is distributed evenly across the entire face area in accordance with the technical specification to attain the specified capacity. This can be achieved by housing the air flow and making sure there are no short-cuts between the fan intake and outlet. Seal the wide gaps on both sides of the face area with sealing. When brazing the lines to the copper connections, use a wet rag at the base of the copper connection to minimise heating of the copper/ aluminium transition . Never bend or stress the alu¬minium tube or the brazed joints. Aluminium MCHEs expand and contract more than other heat exchangers. Allow for movement in the line prior to the heat exchanger connectors . Installation supports/brackets must also allow the MCHE to move in two dimensions. Remember to insert plastic/rubber/foam between the Aluminium coil and dissimilar metals.
تصویر ذیل روش نصب کویل مایکروچانل را در چیلرها یا یونیت های برودتی به صورت V یا W نشان می دهد. این روش نصب باعث کامپکت شدن دستگاه خواهد گردید.
DANFOSS MICROCHANNEL COIL LEAKAGE REPAIR PROCEDURE
If the leak is found to be within the flat refrigerant tube area of the coil a field repair kit is available through your local Trane parts center.
MC Repair Kit P/N: KIT16112
Contents of the aftermarket parts repair kit:
- Tube Brush
- Epoxy Sealant
- Alcohol cleaning pad
- Sand paper
- Instruction Sheet
- Aluminum Wrapper
- Heat Gun; Part (TOL00182) is available within the Trane Parts Centers.
- PPE (gloves, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing where applicable)
- Small to medium size needle nose pliers 1. Locate the source of the leak.
- Locate the source of the leak.
- Disconnect Power to the unit.
- Place a small portion of remaining epoxy to the inside of the aluminum wrapper according to Manual.
DANFOSS MICROCHANNEL COIL BRAZING
When brazing in the new Microchannel coil, the temperature at the copper – aluminum joint MUST NOT exceed 465ºF. Failure to follow this requirement could result in coil damage.
Protection of this joint is required when brazing the copper to copper connections. This can be accomplished by placing a wet rag or heat paste over the heat shrink sleeve during the brazing process. Some units ship from the factory with a protective aluminum splatter shield. This is not a heat shield. Instead this shield is used to protect the coil from copper brazing filler metal splatter. If coil replacement becomes necessary, application of the supplied aluminum splatter shield to the header is required when brazing the replacement coil’s copper to copper connections. This prevents the possibility of galvanic corrosion created by braze splatter interacting with the aluminum coil.
Micro-Channel aluminum coil cleaning recommendations
- Use a high pressure sprayer (water only). Do not exceed 900 psig. A wide spray nozzle is best.
- Direct spray to the coil and do not exceed a 45º angle.
- Nozzle must be a minimum of 12ʺ from the coil face.
- Do not directly spray the aluminum-to-copper connection joint.
- Do not use chemical or strong detergent cleaners. If a mild detergent soap is used, the coil must be thoroughly rinsed with water. Any detergent left on the coil surfaces will promote corrosion.